Who loves tacos????
I know….dumb question
These Pork Tacos with Spicy Sriracha Peanut Sauce are UH-mazing! I’d honestly eat them every single day, and it still boggles my mind that these are healthy with how freakin delicious they are!
Give ‘em a try and see for yourself! Not a pork fan? That’s okay – just swap it out for chicken (I prefer chicken thighs in a crockpot because they stay more “M-word” that I hate and refuse to say).
Oh and I know that this looks like it might take forever to make based on the ingredients list, but honestly, we’re talking 10 minutes of prep time on your end, if that!
Ingredients for Marinade:
1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/4 cup sweet and sour sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon sriracha
1 tablespoon sesame oil
Ingredients for Tacos:
3 pounds boneless pork shoulder
Freshly ground black pepper
16 small corn tortillas OR 8 whole wheat tortillas
4 cups shredded romaine
4 cups coleslaw mix
Ingredients for Peanut Sauce:
1/2 cup natural peanut butter OR almond butter
4 cloves garlic
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon light brown sugar
2 tablespoons sriracha
1/2 cup almond milk
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour over pork loin inside of a ziplock bag and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or up to overnight to allow the pork to marinate.
- Remove the pork from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Place pork in crockpot and season pork with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook pork on high heat for 4 hours, or low heat for 8 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients and stir until well combined. Set it aside until ready to use.
- Once done, shred pork using a fork and then mix with sauce.
- Serve ¾ cup of pork over 2 corn tortillas or 1 whole wheat tortilla with ½ cup of romaine and ½ cup of coleslaw mix.
*This recipe should make 8 servings total and tastes even better the next day, so feel free to save leftovers for lunch or later in the week!
**Ever heard of crockpot liners??? I just recently learned that these babies exist, and they are LIFE CHANGING!