(makes 13 servings, 3 tbsp each)
1 tbsp olive oil
½ medium onion, finely chopped
¼ cup mushrooms, finely chopped
3 gloves minced garlic
¼ cup cornstarch
3 cups low sodium veggie broth
1.5 tsp low sodium soy sauce
Black pepper, to taste
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft.
3. Add arrowroot; mix well to form a smooth paste.
4. Slowly add broth; whisking constantly to blend. Season with soy sauce and pepper.
5. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until thickened.
Healthy stuffing…it’s a thing…and it may have even been more delicious for leftovers the next day!